WineXpert Fourtitude with Grape Skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good friend of mine (more of a homebrewer) used to live in this small 1 bedroom apartment. He had so much brewing equipment, carboys, kegs, etc. that his apartment was pretty insane looking. A couch, a little table for this computer, a book shelf, and then equipment, bottles, carboys, kegs, grains, and other stuff everywhere!

Just when you think you might be going too far with this hobby, remember that someone else has probably gone a lot further.

I just tasted mine from the carboy and it is really, really yummy at six months. I took a pretty heavy hand with oak and tannins, which seems to have paid off!

Next I will taste the bravado and forza.

I just tasted mine from the carboy and it is really, really yummy at six months. I took a pretty heavy hand with oak and tannins, which seems to have paid off!

Next I will taste the bravado and forza.

You're going to like the Forza a lot. It's already in rotation at my house. My Bravado is 9 months old, so it's on the shelf for another 9 months. But, it's very good now.

My Forza is 19 months and not close to ready. Still tastes like a young kit to me. A good young kit, but a young kit, nonetheless.

My Forza is 19 months and not close to ready. Still tastes like a young kit to me. A good young kit, but a young kit, nonetheless.

Mine turns 24 months at the end of this month. I'm through the 375's I bottled (most were given away), so now it's on to the larger ones. I think I took one on vacation but I think it came back unopened. I'll try one at the end of the month, then wait till Christmas to try the next. I think this one could last quite some time if I keep away from it, pretty sure I can get a case to 5 years old if I open one every 4-6 months, miracles do happen!

Mine turns 24 months at the end of this month. I'm through the 375's I bottled (most were given away), so now it's on to the larger ones. I think I took one on vacation but I think it came back unopened. I'll try one at the end of the month, then wait till Christmas to try the next. I think this one could last quite some time if I keep away from it, pretty sure I can get a case to 5 years old if I open one every 4-6 months, miracles do happen!

I think our LHBS still has a Forza in their inventory. I'm going to go by there tonight after work and see if I can't squeeze them on pricing, for either the Forza or the Fourtitude.

So, I tasted the Fourtitude, Bravado, and Forza. I like the Fourtitude the best, but the Forza is good too. They're all around 6 months old. The Fourtitude has a bit more oak than the other two. I'm happy to be adding these 90 bottles onto my racks, which were getting a bit bare!

You think the Forza is 'ready for prime time'? Mine is 17 months old and still has that 'young kit' taste. Good, but overly fruity.

Just opened a bottle of "forza" thats a little more then 2+ years old. Personally I think this is one of the best kits I ever made. I wish it was still available.

Last edited:
At about 5 months, I think I might like this one. I was skeptical as I felt that it didn't come with enough oak. But something in me decided to hold off on adding more this time. I am glad I did...it does seem a little fruity but not a sweet fruity. It's a slightly different flavor profile as compared to my current selection, which is mostly big oaky reds. It has a nice red color. I am looking forward to trying this one in another year or so to see how it has matured.

Latest posts

Back