Hello from CT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numl0ck

Junior
Reaction score
Been lurking here for a little while and decided to introduce myself. My wife and I have been learning about and enjoying wine for a few years now and we've decided to try and make our own. I currently have a batch of Skeeter Pee brewing, and should be racking that into a carboy this weekend.

Anyway, can't wait to try making some of our own wine and learn from you all!

Welcome! Can't wait to hear from you. This place seems quiet lately.

Been lurking here for a little while and decided to introduce myself. My wife and I have been learning about and enjoying wine for a few years now and we've decided to try and make our own. I currently have a batch of Skeeter Pee brewing, and should be racking that into a carboy this weekend.

Anyway, can't wait to try making some of our own wine and learn from you all!

If your Rackin Skeeter Pee your troubles are over. ( send directions)..

I knew someone was lurking I could feel it..

Welcome to the forum!

Former Nutmegger myself. Moved from CT to PA last year. Taxes and cost of living were two of the main reasons for leaving Ct. Also, the all to close proximity to another fellow wine maker who frequents this forum... I won't mention his name but here's a hint
smilie.gif

2523058kuo2xm5z4b.gif

Welcome to the forum!

Former Nutmegger myself. Moved from CT to PA last year. Taxes and cost of living were two of the main reasons for leaving Ct. Also, the all to close proximity to another fellow wine maker who frequents this forum... I won't mention his name but here's a hint
smilie.gif

Hmmm, wondering who that might be....:fsh

Welcome to the forum!

Former Nutmegger myself. Moved from CT to PA last year. Taxes and cost of living were two of the main reasons for leaving Ct.

I feel your pain, but moving isn't quite in the cards right now. Making my own wine should help ease those pains a bit. :h

I feel your pain, but moving isn't quite in the cards right now. Making my own wine should help ease those pains a bit. :h

It was a difficult decision leave family and friends (yes, that would include Varis). My wife was born and raised in Woodbury and even after leaving home she never moved out of the State. I moved from NYC to CT in 1976 but family had a summer cottage in Oxford since I was a year old (1945).

On the plus side, besides the financial gains, we also have family and friends near to where we live here in PA.

Welcome to the forum!

smilie.gif

Pennsylvania is full of weirdos. Don't be fooled! We're just a little more country in these parts...

Pennsylvania is full of weirdos. Don't be fooled! We're just a little more country in these parts...

Yeah, first month here I make friends with a neighbor and that weekend, on Bruce's invitation, I'm at a machine gun shoot. :gb Try to find one of those in CT.

Have family, on my wife's side, in Mansfield, Covington and Montoursville so I've been familiar with the area we moved into. My brothers own property (strictly for hunting, no girls allowed :h) in Fulton County so I'm also familiar with the area around McConnellsburg.

Yeah, first month here I make friends with a neighbor and that weekend, on Bruce's invitation, I'm at a machine gun shoot. :gb Try to find one of those in CT.

Have family, on my wife's side, in Mansfield, Covington and Montoursville so I've been familiar with the area we moved into. My brothers own property (strictly for hunting, no girls allowed :h) in Fulton County so I'm also familiar with the area around McConnellsburg.

Sounds like you still need to attend a turkey shoot, gun bash, the farm show, and a Brett Michaels concert at your local fair and you'll be all caught up in the PA social activities.

Sounds like you still need to attend a turkey shoot, gun bash, the farm show, and a Brett Michaels concert at your local fair and you'll be all caught up in the PA social activities.

What's a "gun bash"? I really have no clue.

What's a "gun bash"? I really have no clue.

A gun bash is where you basically buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win guns. We won a Henry Goldenboy with an octagon barrel last year! Most fire companies have these. Usually they are held at a fire hall and include dinner and free beer (sometimes you buy a cup then get all you can drink beer). You don't always have to be present to win but if you want the cultural experience, I recommend it. Usually they're around $20 for a ticket.

Great idea! Maybe put this in my hip pocket as a future fund raiser idea for our local VFW post.

Are there any gun bashes that serve wine? :D

The gun bashes and cash bashes we go to people bring there own hard stuff if the don't drink beer. Lots of people bring wine and other stuff. I usually bring a half dozen or so bottles with us.

Back