Wine Rack for Basement Corner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, now the fun part to fill it. Almost as much fun as depleting it!

I have one similar and love it. All my bottles are salvaged, so there not all the same, sometimes i can get 5 across sometimes 6. The rack like yours without the rounded part makes it easier for different size bottles.

I am wondering about a detail of the construction (because I am possibly interested in copying this design). Can you tell us how the vertical dividers are constructed? are they individual, small pieces, or did your dad cut slits in both the shelves and large sheets that form the dividers?

Can you tell us how the vertical dividers are constructed?

The vertical dividers are 1/4" plywood the horizontal shelves are 3/4" ply. the 1/4 vertical dividers sit in a slot (dado) that is milled in the top and bottom of the shelves.

hope this answers your question, if not PM me and ill explain further.

The vertical dividers are 1/4" plywood the horizontal shelves are 3/4" ply. the 1/4 vertical dividers sit in a slot (dado) that is milled in the top and bottom of the shelves.

hope this answers your question, if not PM me and ill explain further.

Thank you for the information. I understand what you are saying. Wow, that is a lot of dadoeing. Your dad is a patient man. I think you owe him a few bottles of wine!! :ib

Both storage methods are beautiful. The corner unit is awesome. Can't imagine what that cost to build. Our wine room shelves are less attractive (OSB blocks holding 12 with labels). The gentleman that put in our cooling system told me our storage room was 'HUGE." Gosh, I really think we are small scale in comparison to what I am seeing in the classifieds.

OP goes back to December of 2014... I wonder if the shelves ever got filled.
smilie.gif

Latest posts

Back