Dandelion wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Here is my Dandelion wine starting to clear on its own. I added 2 lemons and 3 oranges to this 3 gallon batch.
20090517_161601_Dandelion.jpg

You have been holding out on us Wade. I don't recall hearing about any dandy wine lately! How many buckets of flowers did you need to pick? It does look interesting.

I dont think I started a post of my own just jumped in on someone elses or maybe I never posted it here and only on the other 2 forums. Anyway This is a 3 gallon batch and i scrounged up 24 cups of just petals which I received a nice sunburn for also, it had to be around 4000 dandelions but was easy picking as there is a park near by and the whole field was just screaming yellow and like a rug with huge flowers, my back was also hurting from all the bending over. I also added 2lbs of golden raisins and forget at the moment how much sugar was added. i used Cotes Des Blanc yeast and had a starting sg of 1.082. There is a little more in a small bottle for topping off after racking.

Looks good Wade, hope you are as pleasantly surprised with it as I have been. Nice touch with the citrus addition.

Wade, I agree with JW you will like the citrus taste. Boy picking them yellow buggers seems never ending. Froze my petals waiting on some chemicals to arrive.
Enjoy

Well it didnt clear on its own so Monday I added SuperKleer and now its crystal. I will let this compact and rack next weekend and sweeten then.

The batch I made this spring is still in the carboy, got to the sparkle stage without help. That was different. Never tried it sweet, have you before?

I have never made or tried it and will take a taste before I play with it.

Latest posts

Back