WineXpert WE Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubador

Reaction score
Just bottled tonight. Made it in July and bulk aged 2.5
months. I am going to try and keep my mits off of it until next
September. I hope I can be strong!

I did end up with a half bottle extra to enjoy now, you can see a glass
in the photo. Tastes very good allready. Gonna taste even
better after a year! :)

20071021_180701_cabernet1.jpg
20071021_181112_cabernet2.jpg
20071021_181234_cabernet3.jpg

Edited by: Trubador

26 bottles and only a half glass left over???????????
smiley36.gif

Looks good! I love the label with the written in date................... Now I know I'm not alone!

Nice counting jobe! Where are the other 4 bottles Trub?
Edited by: wade

Looks like about 3 magnums there in the back guys so that would about tally up correctly.

Great looking wine Trubador.Edited by: Waldo

Waldo is correct. There are three 1.5L bottles in the back. There were 23 750L bottles andthree 1.5Lbottles in total. Plus the extra 1/2 bottle which I got to drink.

Winexpert makes very nice looking lables to go along with their wines.

I have to say it's a beautiful site and a great job. You may have to resort to locking them away and misplacing the key if you know what I mean.
smiley20.gif

jobe05 said:
....Looks good! I love the label with the written in date................... Now I know I'm not alone!

Thanks! and yeah, hand-written is the way to go!
smiley20.gif

Trubador,

Was that the WE Lodi Cab? We bottled ours over the weekend and I
couldn't find the labels provided by WE!

The taste was promising but the
kit smell was very noticeable. We are thinking '09....

Edited by: Jack on Rainy

Jack on Rainy said:
Trubador,
Was that the WE Lodi Cab? We bottled ours over the weekend and I couldn't find the labels provided by WE!

The taste was promising but the kit smell was very noticeable. We are thinking '09....

It was the Selections Original Cabernet. It did have a slight kit smell and even a slight kit taste, but neither was objectionable. At any rate, with one year in the bottle, I think it will go away, at least I am hopeful of such.

I would call it a medium bodied wine, although winexpert calls it medium-full. I will probably sample at least one bottle 6 months from now to see how it is progressing.

Also, you can find the labels from this site. Just go to the Labels section of the online catalog (right hand side of page) and select Winexpert labels. The page that then comes up has all of winexperts labels for most if not all of their wines.Edited by: Trubador

Latest posts

Back