Hi another Newbie!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengrocer

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all!

Was told I should introduce myself here.

So here I am .

GreenGrocer here from NW Ohio( The land of Corn and Beans (Soy))

Been making wine for about 3 years now and am still very much learning.

Looks like a great site here and looks liek lots of informative people!

Welcome.....Hope to trade some ideas... I am learning this hobby/passion and enjoy the people and the wine....>>>>>later

Welcome, Greenie!

This is the place to learn and to share, not just a "Q-and-A" forum. I'm glad you are here!

Hi Greengrocer, and thanks for the intro. Please let us know what wine(s) you are working on when you get a chance.
smiley1.gif

Bill

Welcome Green. Glad to have you onboard. With 3 years under your belt I am sure you will be a great asset to the forum

Hi Greengrocer!!

You have entered a great place to meet nice, interestingpeople and learn alot about wine.......and anything else you might want to talk about. I'm sure we can all learn from your experiences too.

Greetings and a warm welcome to you.

Ramona

Welcome!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You have found the best place on the net for this hobby (obsession).
smiley1.gif

Thanx for the Welcomes folks.

As far as what I have fermenting now.

I have in secondary

1 gl of Dried Bluberry

1gl of Pomegranite

1 gl of apple Blackberry Pom.(Had a bit of leftovers :) )

3 gl of apple with oak

and in Primary

1 gal of spiced apple wine.

Remember your 5aday for better health.I haven't been able to find out if winecounts as one serving :)

Ah yes green grasshopper I see many 6 gal carboys in your future.

If you going to make 1 gall its just as easy to make 6 gal (30 Bottles). Thats what happen to us. Started with 1 gal went up the scale now just 5 and 6 gals.

OW,

I would agree with you that making 1- gal and making 6- gal. is the same....however, it is so-o-o much harder to "toss out" 6 gal of undesireable wine than 1-gal. I would prefer making a desireable 1-gallon with "good notes," then create that "great six."
smiley4.gif

Oh don't get me wrong I have done quite a few 6 and 5 gal batches. It just happens right now that I have a bunch of singles goiung trying different things :)

PolishWineP said:
Welcome! You certainly do have a nice variety of wines going there!

TY Yes I do. I tend to go in spurts.Nothing in my fermenters for a month or so and then all of the sudden I have 3 or 5 going at once
smiley17.gif

I still have 2 batches of Pom to do, as I work as a produce Manager I get some really good deals on some of my fruits. For example my warehouse guy wanted pom wine so he let me know when the last of the poms would be available. Heset a case aside and brought it to me himself. These cost me nothing and he gets his wine
smiley4.gif

PolishWineP said:
Ah! You are a lucky person! In the know on produce and the deals!

Yes I like to think I am in teh know of whats going on in the produce Biz. My suggestion to any of you who make country wines. Get to know your Produce manager.
smiley17.gif
He can probably set you up with some Sweeeet deals
smiley4.gif

Back