Newbie says "HI"!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms.spain

Reaction score
Hey,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I live in Magazine, AR.( At the base of the highest point between the Rockie Mountains and the Appalachian Mountains).I live on 78 acres of land nestled between 2 mountain ridges.Just starting my own "vineyard", got 4 grapevines so far, and will plant more in the spring.I do have blackberries, pears,wild plums,and persimmons in abundance.Also a few muscadines.

I've got a huge capacity to learn, and don't mind lending my experience( though limited)

I've made about 200 gallons of wine thus far, most in 1 gallon batches, so I have many "batches" under my belt.I've made many country wines, and a few grape wines.

Cheers!
smiley20.gif

I was introduced to winemaking by my father a couple of years ago.

Welcome ms.spain...nice to see you here...There are experienced people here that can help you if needed and we

like to have fun making wine. Welcome again.
smiley1.gif

Wine making more than just a hobby.

Welcome to our forum, Ms.Spain. Would love to hear about your persimmon wine. The president of our local wine club makes an excellent persimmon wine.

Welcome Ms Spain.

As you can see from browsing the board, we are a bunch of picture takers. Post some pics of your progress on the property so we can all watch you and your vineyard grow.

Glad your here
smiley4.gif

Welcome aboard. I look forward to hearing about your vineyard venture as I myself am getting ready to move this direction.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

geocorn said:
Welcome to our forum, Ms.Spain. Would love to hear about your persimmon wine. The president of our local wine club makes an excellent persimmon wine.

This was my first year to make persimmon wine.So far so good!

I started my batch on October 20th. It has already cleared nicely. Surprisingly though, the color is very light-a nice white wine.

I used 1 tsp of pectic enzyme per gallon, because persimmons are FULL of pectin. I racked off the gross lees after 2 weeks. I just racked again today.

Not sure how long this one will need to stay in the bottle, but it already tastes pretty good.I have a feeling the fruit flavor will be more pronounced after 6 months or so.

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome!!!
smiley1.gif

Welcome Ms Spain. Your neighbor here from Benton. Welcome aboard !!

Latest posts

Back