Lazy Saturday Afternoon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melgrana(Pomegranate) !

An experimental 1 gallon batch.
smiley1.gif

What was your recipe JoJo ? I am trying to remember what a pomegranate tastes like. I remember eating them as a kid,

I looked at the recipe jojo and saw no Campden or Pectic Enzyme. I wonderif this was on oversight or there is no problem with the wlld yeast on this fruit.
smiley5.gif

Will be interesting to find out what the wine tastes like

It's darkened up a bit. It just might be a good idea to drop acampden and pectic enzyme in.

Pectic enzyme should have been used in the must at the beginning, to prevent fining problems from the pectin in the fruit. Do not use any campden or sulphites at this stage. Wait until time to stabilize.

Hippie,

Is the non use of campden until bottling a common practice with fruit wines? Ive heard that given as advice several times from different sources. Just wondering why its done that way.

Thanks.

She has been stabilized. I added pectin, sorbate, and metabisulphite. It had the rotten egg smell a bit, so I beat it day and night for a few days. I'm surprised the smell is gone. I read Kellers page on stabilization a few times over. The other day I saw a gallon jug of POM juice in the market that was dark red. I've been thinking fermenting one of those without any additional water might be the trick. Anyhow, onward and upward.

darrenlm said:
Hippie,

Is the non use of campden until bottling a common practice with fruit wines? Ive heard that given as advice several times from different sources. Just wondering why its done that way.

Thanks.

I always use campden when preparing any must. I advised him to not add campden when he racked to the secondary fermentor.

Checked again last night and the egg smell is gone. If it is anything like the other wines I have aging, it will change color in a few months. At least I hope so. I hope it darkens a bit.

aroma is wonderful. racked last night and was blown away by the smell. this went from stinky to beauty. another 60 days!

How wonderful! Isn't great whena wine turns around for you! Patience can be such a challenge.

Latest posts

Back