Mint /lemon balm wine - phototorial

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley36.gif
Some people would beg to differ with that statement, Waldo!

Some of the winesturned out okay, some of them didn't. It's all in perception, I guess. My cooking skills are limited to microwaving and making toast.

Thank goodness for good cooks like Betty Crocker and Chef Boyardee (a Clevelander, mind you!).
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Thanks for the compliment.
smiley9.gif

It smells fantastic. It's not a minty smell at all. It sort of reminds me of mangoes.

The balm, although I added only a little of it, really changes the smell of it (in a positive way), I think.

HI Everyone,

I've been kind of lurking in the background reading all the posts for a while but not having much to add to all the winemaking excitement going on. My apricot rose isrefusing to clear. I did the pectic enzyme treament of mixing 1 cup of wine with the pectic enzyme and stirring it every hour for 4 hours then adding it to the rest of the gallon.....it's been 5 days and still cloudy.........

My question is......what's next??.......I''ve tried Sparlolloid andSuperkleer. Filtering was a suggestion although,(I don't have a filter). Or maybe I should just hide it away and forget about it long enough to clear.( ?months ?years?) I started it on July 7th, 2005.

I think I will just rack it and put it away and forget it. I was really looking forward to bottling it......what would you do?

Thank you all in advance.....Ramona

What is the temp of the eviroment it is clearing in Ramona? You might try moving it to a cooler area for a while and see how it does.

Thanks Waldo!
smiley1.gif

Ramona,

I would try to move it to a colder place for a couple of days and watch it - like Waldo said. If that doesn't work, you would try to wait. But if it's pectic haze, I am not sure what you could do except to filter (which you said you didn't have). I am surprised that SuperKleer didn't work.

It is only 4 months after you started the wine..... Maybe your idea with "forgetting it for a while" is the best way to go. Apricots are a lot like peaches - takes forever to clear. Mine did at least, and I filtered and bottled when it was clear, and now I see a slight dusting of the bottle.
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif
It's better to wait.

I have an idea!!!!

Start a new one!
smiley2.gif

Sorry I couldn't help much more, but at this point, I feel bad.

Martina

As stated in another post, but will add it here for completion:

pH on 11/17/2005 - 4.01

Added 2.5 tsp of acid blend to lower the pH. It bubbled over, so no new pH measure was taken.

Hey Med I have about a pound of lavender flowers(dried)and about a year old in a plastic bag, then in a plastic tub with a top on it ,Do you think they would be good for wine?

Harry

Yes, they'd be good for wine. Not the whole pound (very strong flavor), but let me check my recipes and I'll get back to you.

Thanks Martina I will look it up

Harry

P.S. it is 76 Degrees here today ,Very pretty Day

But, it's not -40 w/a 35 mph wind and snow blowing around, so I'm pretty dog-goned happy!
smiley4.gif

Nice and warm,70 deg.Dry, Wind blowing 30 MPH. At night you can see the glow of the grass fires here, Just like the northern lights.
smiley5.gif

Back