Jumping in Cannon ball style...no toe dipping here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about the fruit. You are not going to get Cabernet Sauvignon body out of blackberries. Big grapes make big wine, other fruit make fruit wine. There is a reason the world have all focused on the grape as the fruit of choice to make wine.

Filling a hole might be fixed by blending or adding an f-pac
This would be yet another reason to not bottle so soon
I added some jaom to a gallon of cranberry that would describe the same way. It filled the hole well, but 2 months latter It was a little too much, cant fix now because it's bottled.
Not a big deal though I guess cuz theres not much left

Still not done but flavor is improving. A lot of the acidity has mellowed. The body has slightly improved. The first taste of hitting the mouth is very fruity and good. The finish seems a bit more tannic then at first.

I don't think any of us start out with enough patience! It's hard on the first batch (or 5th) to give it the time it really needs. I'm still in a rush to "do something" whenever I've got something going. It's taking a LOT of self control to just let stuff sit and age. Waiting does not come naturally to me.

I have come to accept the sediment in my earlier bottles. They have all been for home use anyways. Hopefully some of my later batches will be good enough to give away. Otherwise I've got to drink it all myself, and I don't think the wife would like that ::

I've learned that when I want to DO something, rather than rack or bottle too soon, just start another batch! :db

Latest posts

Back