Mint /lemon balm wine - phototorial

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Santa was good to Waldo. Being a Wine Maker now has opened up a whole new areana of goodies on "What to get Dad" for Christmas. I received a great book on Wines from my daughter that has a concise history on wines, the wine regions around the world and just about anything else you want to know about Wine, a really nice set of wine tools from my Darling, an old antique silver and crystal decanter,

2006-01-01_085732_decanter.jpg

2006-01-01_085835_wine_set.jpg

a Vinoferm acid test kit and coming from a friend but not arrived yet is a floor corker.
smiley32.gif
He was no sure of the make but said it was black so I am hoping for a Portugese with brass iris. He bought it on eBay and is coming from Canada. I also bottled my Green Apple Reisling yesterday which I cannot see lasting very long as it was very good at bottling and has been sampled now by 5 different people, all who wanted a bottle..NOW.

2006-01-01_085929_green_apple_bottled.jpg

2006-01-01_085956_green_apple_bottled_and_labeled.JPG

I also bottled my Muscadine/Grape yesterday and it is still a bit tannic but I believe it will be a really good wine with about 6 months of aging.

2006-01-01_090023_muscadine_grape_bottled.jpg

2006-01-01_090049_muscadine_grape_bottled_and_labeled.JPG

Oh yes, also started 6 gallon of Blackberry with the 2 cans of Vinters Harvest Blackberries my Son got me for Christmas. My New Year has kicked off great and hope yours has too. Looking forward to the reunion this spring.Edited by: Waldo

Nice haul of loot Waldo.....some awesome looking wines too, love your creativity on the lables.....well done.
smiley32.gif

Thanks NW...I am really enjoying my new hobby

I apologize to martina for posting this on her turf. I wasnt paying attention and thought I was in new post mode so Martina feel free to move this if you wish. I do enjoy being in good company though
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Hey martina,

You seem to know a lot about flower wines. Please share some info (for a person who is nieve to this wine):

What can you compare the taste to?
-is it dry like a cab sav, fruit wine apple?
-I would think medicinal flavor... how wrong am I?
-what is a typical finished ABV%?

Also, I have a georgous yellow/pink 'friendship' rose. I can get it to produce 'tons' of flowers. Have you ever heard of a "rose-flower" wine (obviously not color)?

Thanks for the great posts an info....

Latest posts

Back