Raspberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Steve, nice label too. Ill be starting my RED RASBERRY later this week. 5 Gal U.S. From Walkers Fruit Basket.

Bill

Here are some new pictures:

SG 1.086 and going strong.

2005-11-28_190430_Raspberry_in_Primary2.jpg

The diper, I am affraid it might bubble over. I filled it upa bit tomuch.

2005-11-28_190535_Raspberry_in_Primary3.jpg
Edited by: Steve

Man that looks good Steve
smiley32.gif
I really wish people would refrain from posting pictures of their wines on the forum though. I dont have enough money to try all of what I am seeing and wanting to make
smiley36.gif

I like that label too Steve. It will speak well of what lies awaiting the removal of the cork.Edited by: Waldo

Racked into secondary. Still very sweet with a hint of alcohol tastes very good...
smiley1.gif

2005-12-01_184347_Raspberry_in_Secondary.jpg

Very nice indeed, Steve. And glad to hear that you and your wife are enjoying the hobby together!
smiley32.gif
Keep us up to date!

Steve,

Your wine looks great, how low did the d-47 get the SG? What did you think of its performance?

Im going to be doing some off-dry fruit wines this spring and would like to experiment with some different yeast strains.

Thanks...

darrenlm,

When I pitched my yeast I had an SG of 1.118, this is how it progressed:

11/26 Pitched re-hydrated yeast-SG 1.118

11/27 1.108 (am)/1.098 (pm)

11/28 1.083 (am)/1.076 (pm)

11/29 1.064

11/30 1.050

12/1 1.034-racked to glass

14/4 1.016

In the fuller jug I am getting a bubble about every 3 seconds which is slower than the first few days that it was in glass.

With the potential alcohol about 16% itI suspect it willfinish up about 1.015-1.008, giving me 14-15% ABV. This should make a pretty sweet desert wine.

I hope this helps. I'll let you know what the FG is when I get it...Edited by: Steve

The Raspberry Dessert has stopped ferminting. It has an FG right at 1.000, so that gives it about 15.5% ABV by my calculation.It has a slight taste of alcohol, we will sweeten before bottling. The D 47 kept going a little more than I expected. Istabilized and it is starting toclear.

This is the first non-white I have done, how clear should I expect it to get?

2005-12-13_183853_Raspberry_in_Secondary2.jpg
Edited by: Steve

Steve, Ive only completed one scratch wine, which was an apple. It finished extremely clear with color and clarity similar to a pinot grigio. I have bottled a kit red and seen a few others. I would suspect that itshouldresemble a commercial wine. I dont know about the problems a raspberry could pose in clearing.

With that color, you should see colors and outlines of things behind the wine when a light is behind it.

This is sort of what I'm talking about. 3 gallons of rose-hips, which had the same color as your rasberry dessert.

2005-12-14_055537_hagebutten2005.jpg

This was before filtering.

Latest posts

Back