WineXpert LE Vermentino

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After pitching the packet of QA23 it would seem like if the packet wasn't complete, like less yeast in it?
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but to me content seem to be less....

ImageUploadedByWine Making1484418598.809127.jpg

Geek, no guarantees but I once did 12 gallons of chardonnay (2 juice buckets) with one pkg of QA23. I had a standby diff variety ready if it slowed down but it never did.

Pam in cinti

After 7 days of slow ferment in a cool temp, racked from bucket at 0.996 into 6gal carboy.
Do I love QA23 or what....all in all great yeast for whites.

I'm getting the CC Passport Australia Riesling and I am going to also use QA23.

Will let this Vermentino rest quietly for a week or two before k-meta and clarifiers, no f-pack so skipping sorbate.

Hey Varis, best of luck with your WE LE. Did you pick it up from Maltose Express [Wish they had a store near me!]? How are Tess and Mark doing?

Hey Varis, best of luck with your WE LE. Did you pick it up from Maltose Express [Wish they had a store near me!]? How are Tess and Mark doing?

Hey Bill,

No, I bought it online at Label Peelers.
I have a 2nd Vermentino that I bought from site sponsor Home Brew Supply coming in a week or so.

Last time I was at Maltose was early October to pickup my grapes...

Varis,

What is your fermentation temp (ambient or must) when you use QA23 with a kit?

Varis,

What is your fermentation temp (ambient or must) when you use QA23 with a kit?

I like to keep it on the cool side, room temp in the 60s and the must also in the mid to high 60s.
This yest is also very 'quiet', no foam maker at all.
A winner in my book.:fsh

After 7 days of slow ferment in a cool temp, racked from bucket at 0.996 into 6gal carboy.

Will let this Vermentino rest quietly for a week or two before k-meta and clarifiers, no f-pack so skipping sorbate.

Just curios why you would let it sit unprotected and not add SO2 right away?

Just curios why you would let it sit unprotected and not add SO2 right away?

I did rack the wine at 0.996 into a carboy with air lock, however, at this stage the wine is full of co2 and still fermenting a bit at 0.996, so it may end up even lower; at this 'secondary' fermentation as some people call it I typically leave the racked wine alone for a week or so, recheck SG to make sure it is not moving more and then I stabilize.

Just started my Vermentino this weekend! I used D47 instead, since that is what my local store had. Temp 73F, and the uncorrected SG at 1.086. I was a little aggressive when adding water to rinse out the juice bag, so I ended up just above 6 gallons.

Racked into bucket, degassed and stabilized. Skipped sorbate since there's no f-pack.

pH ~3.55 (pH meter calibrated with new probe), must temp=73F
Finding this pH a bit high for a white.....:ft

Tastes like I'm not sure, well like a "baby" wine, so I'm leaving this alone for a couple months, let's see how it develops.
Topped with a .750ml bottle of Chardonnay.

Last edited:
I'm going to start this kit this weekend i'm thinking about using the Red Star: Cote Des Blanc instead of the EC-1118 provided.

Racked this after clearing and had some left over, I think this wine will be a winner down the road, although bone dry which I know many like, it has an interesting flavor but it is good so far

Racked into bucket, degassed and stabilized. Skipped sorbate since there's no f-pack.

pH ~3.55 (pH meter calibrated with new probe), must temp=73F
Finding this pH a bit high for a white.....:ft

Tastes like I'm not sure, well like a "baby" wine, so I'm leaving this alone for a couple months, let's see how it develops.
Topped with a .750ml bottle of Chardonnay.

I got a pH of 3.33.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back