Mosti Mondiale MM Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know anybody who supplies grape skin packs in uk.
have a eclipse ovz to do will keep and reuse grape skin pack. thanks for reply

I just started on the wine making journey. I have access locally (Montreal area) to the pails of Fresh Juice from Mosti Mondiale. So far I made Cabernet from California and I like it, although it looks like it will require few more months to round up all the flavors. I would like to try few more pails. I am looking for something similar to the good old cabernet that taste well on its own without need of blending. Since these wines require over 1 year to mature I would like to start with those before doing kits that can be appreciated sooner. I would like to hear your recommendations and personal experiences .
Here are the list of reds available:
ALICANTE
AMAROSSO
BARBERA
GRANBARILE
BOURG ROYAL
CABERNET FRANC
CABERNET SAUVIGNON
CARRIGNANE
CASTEL DEL PAPA
IL TOSCANO
LAMBRUSCO
MERLOT
MONTEPULCIANO
NEBBIOLO
NERO D'AVOLA
PRIMITIVO
PINOT NOIR
RUBY CABERNET
SANGIOVESE
SHIRAZ
VALLE DEI TEMPI
ZlNFANDEL
MARZEMINO

I just started on the wine making journey. I have access locally (Montreal area) to the pails of Fresh Juice from Mosti Mondiale. So far I made Cabernet from California and I like it, although it looks like it will require few more months to round up all the flavors. I would like to try few more pails. I am looking for something similar to the good old cabernet that taste well on its own without need of blending. Since these wines require over 1 year to mature I would like to start with those before doing kits that can be appreciated sooner. I would like to hear your recommendations and personal experiences .
ALICANTE
AMAROSSO
BARBERA
GRANBARILE
BOURG ROYAL
CABERNET FRANC
CABERNET SAUVIGNON
CARRIGNANE
CASTEL DEL PAPA
IL TOSCANO
LAMBRUSCO
MERLOT
MONTEPULCIANO
NEBBIOLO
NERO D'AVOLA
PRIMITIVO
PINOT NOIR
RUBY CABERNET
SANGIOVESE
SHIRAZ
VALLE DEI TEMPI
ZlNFANDEL
MARZEMINO
I did their Montepulciano bucket years ago and liked it. I added the Mosti Mondiali grape pack and you can split it between two juice buckets. I added oak powder in primary and spirals during bulk aging. I would consider the Cabernet Franc, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, and Carignon, as they're medium-bodied and will taste good sooner. I made the Meglioli version of their Amarone/Amarosso and would note that that is a wine that takes more than a year to be good and the kit had both raisins and a grape pack. Here's where I look at the grape types and their properties: Grapes | Wine Folly

ALICANTE
AMAROSSO
BARBERA
GRANBARILE
BOURG ROYAL
CABERNET FRANC
CABERNET SAUVIGNON
CARRIGNANE
CASTEL DEL PAPA
IL TOSCANO
LAMBRUSCO
MERLOT
MONTEPULCIANO
NEBBIOLO
NERO D'AVOLA
PRIMITIVO
PINOT NOIR
RUBY CABERNET
SANGIOVESE
SHIRAZ
VALLE DEI TEMPI
ZlNFANDEL
MARZEMINO
I have not made the MM version of the wine but on your list is a little known wine from Sicily, Nero D'Avola. It is one of my favorite reds. If you can find a bottle in your local wine store, try it before you buy the kit.

I only started winemaking a little over a year ago. I have made the MM Nero D'Avola twice, my first ever kit and my 4th. I will make another batch this winter. My favorite. First drank it on a trip to Sicily, where it originates. Very good early drinker, and great a year out.

Latest posts

Back