Mosti Mondiale Arrrg Meglioli not clearing AGAIN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made a bunch of the MM Kits, the higher end ones either all juice, megs, very little water added, all with grape and / or raisin packs. Agreed, they are sometimes a bugger to clear compared to some of the other manufacturers. The WE kits clear exceptionally well for me.

Personally, the ones I've done are some of my best to date, and I'm glad that as of April 1, 2016 the kits will contain clarifiers other than liquigel and siligel, think I read they're going to chitosan.

I'm looking forward to hitting some of the new megs and ajme's as soon as they're out.

You sir are a glutton for your own punishment! I read in George's email they had swapped out the clearing agents. Now you keep telling everybody how much easier kits are than fresh grapes! :)

You know me well. But I say more convenient for me in South East Texas not easier! Haha

I have the Mosti Mondiali Meglioli Amarone with skins and raisins in bulk aging now. I haven't checked for clarity but it's been sitting there several months. I just add kmeta every so often. The grape pack was ridiculously large, and I added the raisins as well. I know it's going to take time, but it will be worth it. Bought it from George on sale, and his website lists 15 months as the aging time. I think I can spare the carboy to keep it in there 6-9 months, then bottle age for the balance. I don't recall whether it has isinglas or superkleer, but if it won't clear in nine months I will use superkleer.

Latest posts

Back