Good Wine Making Book

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laneygirl

Reaction score
Does anyone have one or two good books they'd recommend on wine making as a reference? Sort of like the equivilent of The Complete Joy Of Homebrewing and The Homebrewer's Companion in the beer making world? They start with basics, but alsomove to more complexissues and really cover from simple kit recipes to complexities to consider in full grain recipes, etc.
I have the "Enjoy Home Winemaking - Instructional How-To Booklet" which has some good basics, but am looking for a good reference to explain more complexities and maybe provide some recipes for fruit based wines, if I ever decide to work that hard
smiley12.gif

I'm no expert, and have yet to make my first batch, but CJJ Berry's book First Steps in Winemaking seemed very informative, and has gobs and gobs of recipes in it. I would highly recommend it.

The book I like is called "From Vines to Wines" by Jeff Cox.

This book is more centered around getting wine from fresh grapes or fresh juice but I still found it very very helpful.

I like books....

These are the ones I use for fruit recipes, would be helpful for everyone...

Winemaking....by Anserson & Anderson
Wine Makers Recipe Handbook....Raynon Massaccesi about $4
Home Winemaking .....by Terry Geary

And the others mentioned above.

OnLine...helpful

http://www.geocities.com/lumeisenman/contents.html

Edited by: Northern Winos

Another really good thing you can do is go to your local book store, like half price books or borders or somthing like that and ask them where thier wine book section is. Find some you like and if they are charging to much go online and see if you can find that book cheaper.

I just picked up "The Wine Maker's Answer Book" by Alison Crowe....columnist (she's the WineWizard!!!!!) at WineMaker Magazine.

Great little book....very easy read...chock full of good info!

Thanks for all those recommendations...I think a few of those will have to be onmy Christmas list.

I am very impressed with HOME Winmaking step by step by Jon Iverson. I bought this book because of the rave reviews it received on amazon.com and I have not been disappointed. It is not just a beginner book it is for all but the highly advanced. It explains in detail Malolactic Fermentation, Meta issues, Acid , ph and it has charts and tables and conversions from metric .Although I don't make white wine it is very detailed in the additional steps needed to make white wine.

Hey Scuba, how did your Mezza Luna Red come out? Have you bottled it yet?
I bottled mine 2 weekends ago. Can't wait to try it around Feb.

Latest posts

Back