Mosti Mondiale Grape pack and raisins in Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as amarone is normally made from dried grapes, I would think the raisins should be in the must for fermentation. what do the instructions say?

The instructions say to use one or the other but not both, and they allude to the fact that the grape pack is fresh grapes and presumably the higher quality of the two. It was a massive grape pack and adding all of it would have made my fermenter too full so I stuck half in a mesh bag in the fermenter and half in the freezer for another batch.

It came with 2 packages of oak chips and a big bag of raisins, so I'll stick the raisins and oak in tomorrow, which is day three of fermentation.

Instructions:
http://www.mostimondiale.com//image...hGrapeMust_OAJ_AJME_Bodega_ME_BIL_2015_EN.pdf

Heather

Last edited:
not exactly the same kit, but I made the Mosti Mondiali Renaissance Impressions Amarone.
Per my notes, I added raisins in primary.

I specifically bought this particular kit because it had both grapes and raisins, so I stuck them in. The instructions are generic so probably didn't factor in that the Amarone benefits from both grapes and raisins. It's the Mosti Mondiali Meglioli Limited Edition with 23l juice, grape pack, and raisin pack. Looking forward to this one.... George at finevinewine had it on clearance so I could not resist! :)

Geek, how did yours turn out?

Heather

Latest posts

Back