WineXpert Chocolate Raspberry port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this kit on 12/27 with a SG of 1.130. On 1/5 I had an SG of 1.010 so I started with the chaptalisation by adding half the pack, stirring and placing back in the heat. On 1/7 I added the second half of the pack. I checked the SG today and it is at 1.016. I will check again tomorrow or the next day and if it is the same, I will rack to my secondary (the instructions say 1.020 or less).

Just wanted to post an update. It smells and (a small) taste very good!

Glad you made it to the desired sg and actually beyond! I wish everyone else's has and does!

Awesome. Glad to hear someone has it attenuating properly. I'm probably going to get mine going in the next week or two. Hopefully I'll have the same luck as you.

I transferred this to my 3 gal carboy this afternoon. Transferred most of it leaving the junk behind. Not it is supposed to sit for 10 days in secondary for the next step. Should I leave the temp up where I have it now or drop it some?

Update: Yesterday I went onto the next step. Stirred the sediment back into suspension as the directions said. Added everything but the fpack, stirrred and degassed (I stirred and used the small handivac). Added the fpack in, stirred that in and put it back into the closet. Temp is up around 74-75 right now. There was about an inch of sediment in there before I started so I hope that was not too much stuff. Just figured I would post an update here.

So far mine has gone exactly to schedule (gravity-wise). I'm in the chapitalization stage, so hopefully it won't get stuck at this point.

bought the kit, and misplaced the recipe for the chocolate raspberry port wine kit before I made it. Can I get a replacement recipe for this? I would appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back