Chocolate Raspberry Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Kid

Reaction score
Is it OK to filter the Port via Vinabrite filter system. My wine is not cloudy or anything, but I have been filtering everything else just to finish it. Can I do the same with the port?
smiley4.gif

Absolutely and I believe they even recommend it in the instructions or is that the RJS port kits.

You certainly can filter it. However, when I drink a port I expect to find something in the bottom of my glass when I'm done. It's not a prize like Cracker Jacks, but a touch of sediment seems to add something to it for me. But however YOU like you wines is what you should do. That's one of the best parts of making wine.

Yes, It does recommend filtering, but to contact your distributor. So I thought I would ask the experts!! Boy, this stuff tastes good already! The smell is terrific, it is so beautiful against the light! I am trully excited about it. Glad I got a White Chocolate to try right after this one. I will know to order more than one next year. Is the Orange Chocolate just as good?
smiley2.gif

In my opinion no. I like the CRP much better then both the RJS kits. The White Chocolate tastes more like Butterscotch to me and I really dont know what the Orange tastes like but its not Orange Chocolate to me. I wish it did cause I really love chocolate covered oranges!

I love the OCP! Can't compare to the CRP cause I can't have raspberries. The OCP flavor pack smelled (and tasted so good I bought another within the hour! Everyone that has tried it agrees it tastes great!
VC

Latest posts

Back