Vinmetrica C02 demo on you tube

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone that owns one or is thinking about buying a Vinmetrica's SC 100 SO2 Analyzer, below is a link to a demo...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2Q63OrQjo[/ame]

Dan,

Are the reagent bottles that come with the unit marked clearly as to the content/makeup?

Are you tied to the manufacturer to reorder chemicals or could you make up your own if you had the knowledge and supplies?

That does look very nice! Nice and easy!

Wade it is every bit as easy as they show
Dan,

Are the reagent bottles that come with the unit marked clearly as to the content/makeup?

Are you tied to the manufacturer to reorder chemicals or could you make up your own if you had the knowledge and supplies?

Mike yes you are tied to thier chemicals. Avg cost per test I understand is about $0.60

Dan...here is something that brings the cost down a bit...when i saw your video (the one you posted above), something caught my eye...so i contacted Rich Sportsman, the man behind this device.

If you recall, the directions mention using 3 ml of the first two reagents. And in the video you will see him take the acid and reactant and do his pick up into the pipette pretty fast..not really measuring....and when he did draw up the reagents they both went into the squeeze bulb but did not fill it up. ( His directions mention that a full pipette and bulb is 3ml.)

So i queried him on this...essentially when he filmed this video he had learned that any thing in the general 2.5 to 3 ml range did the job just fine. And that is why you will notice him in the video doing the draw up quickly, unlike when he measured the wine sample of 25 ml for example. I wanted to make sure that this was not just some film editor cutting and pasting and leaving something out!

Since that time Rich says that even just 2 ml seems to work just fine...thus you could fill the pipettes to their 1 ml mark ( just below the bulb is where you will find it) 2 times ( giving you 2 ml) and be done with it...this means a savings on those two particular reagents!

:mny

Last edited:
Al, thanks for that information. I had heard that earlier and also give each bulb just one squeeze. I am also using a 5ml pipette with a bulb on the end of it instead of the syringe for the titrant as I find it easier to control and measure. Also with the help of a magnetic stirrer and Beret stand to hold the electrode you are able to free up your hands to add the titrant. These few extra's can be purchased very reasonably on Amazon as Mike showed me.

Lab.jpg

Latest posts

Back