Calcium in orange juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texteditor

Junior
Reaction score
A friend of mine (it really is!) in Saudi has just brewed some worzle's orange wine but reckons it's not clearing, the only difference I can find between our ingredients is his orange juice has calcium in it, I think it'sadded, could this cause cloudiness?
thanks, texteditor.

A friend of mine (it really is!) in Saudi has just brewed some worzle's orange wine but reckons it's not clearing, the only difference I can find between our ingredients is his orange juice has calcium in it, I think it'sadded, could this cause cloudiness?
thanks, texteditor.

I had that problem with orange wine (mine is not with calcium), pectine enzyme took care of the problem...

Thanks for that Big jeff, so is this wine destined to be drunk cloudy or can he add the pectolase and clear it, I have sent him a load of chemicals including pectolase and finings but it wont reach him for a fortnight.
I can't see him pouring it away!
texteditor.

he'll have to be patient....those sediment would probably give the wine a nassty taste....

I'm not sure what Pectolase is....I had succes with Super-Kleer, pectine enzyme and patience....

Good luck to your friend!

Pectic Enzyme and SuperKleer are purchased for every wine I make. I have met with great success with both. pectic prior to fermentation and SuperKleer after fermentation (primary) is complete

Pectic Enzyme and SuperKleer are purchased for every wine I make. I have met with great success with both. pectic prior to fermentation and SuperKleer after fermentation (primary) is complete

Me too. :b

Pectolase and pectic enzyme are one and the same. Tell you buddy that he will either just have to wait and use those 2 chems or wait even longer and let time do its thing. The calcium has nothing to do with it and would actually help in clearing.

Latest posts

Back