Flavoring with Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmangas

Junior
Reaction score
Can you add some Fruit juice just before bottling to add a stronger fruit flavor

Yes and no,
1st make sure you have added enough SORBATE.
2nd I would reduce what you plan on adding by simmering it to 1/2 the volume started.
3rd It may need more clearing so I would not add just before bottling.
This is another way to make a f-pac. Also, you may consider adding some simple syrup as this will bring out flavor in fruit wines.

I agree with Tom, if you ever seen juices that have sat on a shelf for some time you will see that they do have solids in them in they will drop over time which will be in your bottle. Adding stuff to your wine sometimes has strange actions with chemical imbalces thus clouding up your wine so I would advise adding it and then giving it time to sit. I also would do as Tom said to simmer this juice on stove top to reduce the amount of water but keep the flavor and sugar so as not to dilute your wine too much. Ive done this many times when I couldnt get any actual fruit to add flavor back to a wine that fermented too much flavor out or because I jusr didnt add enough fruit up front thus learning to add more fruit in primary.

Latest posts

Back