Where to buy cheap carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie, grabbing all of them. I'm hurt. You know I'd at least leave you a dirty one in the corner. HA HA

their 5 gallon Italians but I haven't bought any for a few months. Next time I'm at Homestead I'll see if I can get you or Doug some bottles

I was in town yesterday and was close to the place that I have been getting carboys. So I stopped in to check to see if they still had a mess of them. They do but they have raised the price to $20.00 each. Such is life out here on the plains. Things come slowly to Kansas. They just figured out that people make wine in those darn things and are probably worth more than ten bucks.
Brad

Where were you getting them Brad, like a feed supply or something?

Hey Troy. I have been getting them from a local bottled water and ice business.
Brad

Has anyone tried ordering from the link to ShriversPharmacy? I like the prices, but shipping at your own risk is questionable.
I've gone over their product list and it seems pretty reasonable.

LLoyd, I have no idea as how these carboy could safely be shipped. They weigh about 12 pounds each. Times 10 is 120 pounds plus what ever kind of packing it would take to safely protect them. So if your looking at maybe 200 lbs.. UPS has a freight service but I would guess that the cost of shipping would exceed the cost of the bottles.
Brad

Thank you Brad. You are probably right. My possessive desire got the best of me. I do have 5 ball lock kegs 5gal size they are stainless and will even handle 130 psi before the pop off valve trips. I was wondering if any one has used them for fermentors. You could do the primary with the lid off then take the pop off valve out and adapt a air lock bubbler in its place. I even thought you might make a sparkling apple cider just by sealing it at the right time. But I do not yet know how much co2 pressure yeast can generate before they die, or go dormant.

Latest posts

Back