WineXpert Chocolate Raspberry Port!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelican

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Baaaaacckkk!!!!!!!!!

<table ="Catalog" id="products" width="100%" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td ="table" width="2%" align="default"><div align="center">LR001 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5CChocRaspPort_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Chocolate Raspberry Port

Chocolate
Raspberry Port is crafted from the finest wine juice available and
incorporates only natural flavors and essences. No water added! </td>
<td width="2%">Selection Special</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$104.99</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$104.99 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">Pre-Order, Available Sept. 2009 </td>
<td width="15%">

Add to Shopping Cart

Add to Wish List

Shipping Cost Estimate</td></tr></t></table>

Pelican, WOO HOO!!!! I just pre-ordered mine!!!! Two, in fact!!
smiley4.gif

I already have 9 gallons of it I need to bottle!
smiley3.gif
I know I will get more!
smiley14.gif

Wow. already! Dang it! I need more of this and wont have any money for awhile! SOAB!
smiley35.gif

Wow that is a tough one. Not sure I have room for it right now, I still have three kits downstairs to start and Itry not to do kits over the summer as I do not have AC and my house gets toohot.Gonna have to think a little on that, I am with Wade
smiley35.gif

If you can afford it buy it and make it when it cools down cause this is a kit i would not want to miss out on, awesome kit, one of the best dessert wines youll ever make.

For me I dont want to commit to something I cant promise on, things are very tight here right now and may not improve but I do have a few people asking for side jobs which will bring us back to well if I get em both. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

I think this year I'll order2. I've amazed myself by not cracking one bottle from last years batch. But, I've given some as gifts.

moto girl you are learning patience well I see....I see many good wines in your future

I did manage to wait a year, but after that, it was on with the Port!!! haha
smiley36.gif

So is there a commercial equivalent of this apparent Holy Grail? I've not really tried many ports, and have not seen many flavored ports hanging around my local wine stores. Everyone seems to love this so much, but I'd really like to try something similar before dropping a dime on this (versus dropping said dime on another kit). Any leads?

Thanks in advance.

Ive tried a few flavored ports out there but havent seen a chocolate port non the less a Rasp Choc. If you like raspberry flavored choc you will love this stuff. Its dessert in liquid form with a kick that you dont taste.

I haven't seen any commercial "flavored" ports - there's a few small wineries that have Chocolate Raspberry Port on offer (per what comes up on Google) but I suspect they maybe are making the winery-marketed kits...maybe not. But nothing in the local bottle shop !!

I've probably had one too many tonight...but I have a Temperanillo Grenache that I bungled (my first kit no less) with some 'tweaks' that didn't help any. I think the abv spiked with the bananas and raisins I added. Any rate, it is pretty harsh and over oaked. I only have 6 or 7 bottles left. I may very well toss a few bottles in a 1 gallon jug, along with some brandy, raspberry extract (for beer brewing) and maybe some chocolate licquer. What the heck, if it fails, I'm only out a couple of bucks on the experiment...if it suceeds, I might have salvaged something and can get a (far) approximate of what this might taste like.

Good thing I don't have the supplies on hand tonight...or a 'seemingly good idea at the time' could end up being a 'wtf was I thinking' moment.
smiley36.gif

That Raspberry extract for brewing in my opinion is nasty.I tried that stuff once and would never use it again on anything.

Latest posts

Back