Hello From Northwestern Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sshimatzki

Junior
Reaction score
Got into the Hobby a few years back... Grape wine was my first batch, then last year I didn't have grapes, so I made Blueberry wine. It is yummy but I guess my mother-in-law who provided the blueberries doesn't like it dry. Next batch will be sweeter. I also made a batch of Strawberry Pomegranate that I haven't tasted yet, but should be drinkable soon. :h

I'm in Ohio Between Toledo and Fremont, so if any NW Ohio makers are here, Hello!

That's me, I'm sure I could list some more like I'm a stay-at-home dad with the kids while the the wife slaves away for us and I like Minerals/Rock/Fossil collecting.

Hello to all!
-Steve

Welcome! Stay at home dad = 24 hr job I commend you! I found that most fresh fruit wines do need a lil backsweetening to bring out the fruitful taste anyway. Do some bench testing first. But adding sorbate about a week before sweetening. We have many Buckeyes here so welcome home feel free to ask questions we have such a good search area too chances are somebody had already answered. Have fun!:db

Hi Steve

I'm southwest Ohio, saying hello!

Sounds to me like you are ready to jump into juice buckets. Julie turned me on to these a couple years back and I'm hooked. You seem to be closer to Luva Bella in Lowellville than Listermanns in Cincinnati, but I've heard tales of the good times when buyers meet to pick up the buckets. Something to think about.

Pam in cinti

Hello Steve:

I'm SW Ohio, about 60 mi north of cintipam.

Any other fruit wine strikes your fancy? I'm into apple, elderberry, raspberry, blackberry, mint anything else that sounds interesting. Blueberries will be next as my plants get bigger.

Mike

Got into the Hobby a few years back... Grape wine was my first batch, then last year I didn't have grapes, so I made Blueberry wine. It is yummy but I guess my mother-in-law who provided the blueberries doesn't like it dry. Next batch will be sweeter. I also made a batch of Strawberry Pomegranate that I haven't tasted yet, but should be drinkable soon. :h

I'm in Ohio Between Toledo and Fremont, so if any NW Ohio makers are here, Hello!

That's me, I'm sure I could list some more like I'm a stay-at-home dad with the kids while the the wife slaves away for us and I like Minerals/Rock/Fossil collecting.

Hello to all!
-Steve

First, welcome to the forum. Second if your MIL wants the wine sweeter tell her to add a bit of sugar or honey when she is ready to drink it. Or if you like, stabilize the batch, sweeten it up, then bottle. Good luck with it, Arne.

Back