What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glowin,

FYI,

Proper storage of canned mushrooms is exactly the same as for Welch's Grape Juice. You just need the right storage facility....

images

Did you bake/finish off in the oven? It looks great! (well except for you know what...... LOL)

Actually, I thought an omelet was supposed to be folded over on itself. If it isn't folded I thought it was a fritatta (open faced omelet). Maybe this should be classified as an egg casserole since it was so thick, or a soufflé since it rose so much as it cooked.

Chicken Parmesan with farfalle pasta. Ate it with several cold Labatt Blues to wash it down. Nice tender chicken. No mushrooms (though I'd love them in the sauce). Oh, sauce, canned since I ran out of the frozen good stuff in the Spring. Eyeing up the green tomatoes in the garden. Put them in pretty late so I'll have to wait for some of the good sauce in the Fall.

7-21-16_chicken-parmesean.jpg

@GreginND on your breakfast plate what was the purple items looks like beets and something else and what type of green leafs are those?
Maybe can I have the recipe ? I've never seen a recipe that had lemons in it...

TXWineDuo

Looks like Kale. Also cucumbers, red bell peppers, beets, carrots and I think limes, not lemons. I guess he blends the concoction but I don't see where the lime have had the rind removed.

Looks like Kale. Also cucumbers, red bell peppers, beets, carrots and I think limes, not lemons. I guess he blends the concoction but I don't see where the lime have had the rind removed.

That is correct. Actually, I juiced them. I love tangy vegetable juices for concentrated vitamins and it is surprisingly refreshing and invigorating. If you like it a little sweeter you can add apples to it.

Made a Costco run today and it was 100F in ABQ ......... Feels like we have up and moved to Phoenix this Summer! Tonight it was too late and too hot to cook so we just got some of the fresh baked bread, fresh rotisserie chicken salad and some Spanish olives all from my favorite store (Costco) and had a nice easy "Costco Tapas " night. If you have not tried this from Costco the chicken salad is to die for good! Paired very well with a light crisp WA State dry Rose'.

Feel free to laugh but it tasted good and did not have to heat up the oven or anything else! :)

IMG_1302.jpg

It was simply too hot to make chicken parm on Saturday, so I went with an alternate plan....

Grilled shrimp skewers (marinaded in Italian salad dressin, salt, pepper, and diced fresh jalapeno peppers)

Served over a bed of zatarain's dirty rice (started by sweating some Hungarian sausage, then added onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and fresh thyme) then added the rice mix.

Since the weather was screaming hot I cooked both outside on the Webber. The rice cooked up great in a cast iron pot.

Sorry for the lousy photo. I originally bought my phone from Fred Flintstone.

IMG_20160723_191222_291.jpg

Latest posts

Back