Salute! from Kansas City

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhkr

Reaction score
Ciao everyone! I wanted to stop in here an introduce myself a little. My name is Edward and have a fairly large family background in winemaking! The only problem is it passed my Dad and brother so I have no first hand experience. HOWEVER after finding out that both my grandfather's on both sides on my family were grape growers and home winemakers, I couldn't resist giving my hand a try at it! I just racked into my secondary for the first time my very first recipe! It was supposed to be the super-sugar method but with all the "newbie mistakes" it's ending up more like the regular-sugar method, LOL! Either way, it smells great and the very little taste I have had is already delicious. I found out today my boss used to stomp on grapes for his families winery they had! He had to laugh at my little 1 gallon bottle I had going but told him if he wasn't nice he wouldn't get a bottle later on. Anyway, I've lived in the Kansas City area my whole life (almost 39 years) but have been very fortunate enough to travel all around the states. My goal is to travel abroad to the countries of my heritage (Italy, Croatia, Netherlands) before I'm 50! We have quite a few wineries in our area which is really nice as this Spring I plan on getting some grape vines going and hopefully by 2017 I'll have some fruit to use!! I love doing DIY projects so I've already looked into making my own press. Ok, enough rambling. Nice to meet you all and I look forward in learning from everyone!

Ciao!

Back