mini keg

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know nitrogen will work but I don't know how to put it in the mini keg. I have a Edgestar mini kegerator with a kit to add co2. I want to fill with skeeter pee for hot days by the pool and camping.

I believe a 5 lb tank and pressure gauges and the output hose that would normally tie into your existing hose to your keg.

You can always try CO2 and let us know of the outcome of the skeeter pee ?

Nitrogen but you need a different regulator. I see others carbonating SP with CO2.

Thanks guys I have not started my sp yet. I plan to start a batch of peach this weekend to get my slurry. If I can't find a way to use nitrogen I will use co2 and will try to drink it up before it gets too fizzy. I'll let you know how it goes. It will be time to go camping soon here in KY and I can't wait.

Just keep the Pressure low on the gas and it won't be too carbonated. No fast drinking required. That is unless you want to. [emoji12]

Skeeter Pee would be awesome carbonized on a warm summer night. I bought a Island Mist Blackberry and carbonized it. It was great.

I think I agree though I am waiting for my first batch of SP to finish. I am seriously thinking of throwing it in a keg and carbonating.

Lets think about this for a minute, Nitrogen is the main component of air and will not form a blanket over your must so it's OK to use but not great. CO2 does sit on the liquid but will dissipate pretty quickly. The advantage is that it's pretty cheap and eventually it gasses out, also very readily accessible for those that have corny kegs. Argon is also accessible, but not as cheap and regulator is different than CO2.

Latest posts

Back