Vidalia Onion/Jalapeno

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodnboro

Reaction score
Started a Vidalia Onion/Jalapeno today. If this is good, I'll enter it in the Vidalia Onion Festival Cookoff next year.:try

onion and jalapeno??????????
have you ever made anything like this before? what do you expect it to taste like?

just curious.

LanMan, I have mostly made fruit wines. The only oddball wine I have made is a pumpkin pie which is bulk aging at this time.Vidalia onions have a large sugar content with a mild taste. I really don't know what to expect. Maybe a cooking wine. I am experimenting with a gallon and only added 2 Jalapeno peppers for a kick.

Two years ago I made a Hot Banana Pepper/Jalapeno wine. It's quite good, we sip it others cook with it. Also a good marinade. I made it when "Obama-Care" was just coming out. My labels said "Cook with a FLARE, sip if you DARE, but ONLY if you have Obama-Care! Roy Bottled in 375 ml bottles, still have a few left.

Racked to secondary today. It's the color of the Mississippi river. Smells ok.

Being originally from GA, I could appreciate a Vidalia onion wine. If you think it sounds a little crazy, then you haven't had a Vidalia onion before! Keep us posted!

tagging along I love the idea love vidalia onions and jalapeno peppers! make it hot!

SG -.995 Stabilized today. Color is lighter. Tasted a little, tastes good for now.

Getting more clear and aging right along. It's a dark amber color. I haven't tasted it since stabilizing.

You will love it! I make Vidalia wine and Jalapeno wine and often combine them as a marinade. I also use both when cooking a beef roast in the crock pot. I add 1 cup of Vidalia and 1/2 cup of the Jalapeno, throw in a couple cloves of Garlic and some pepper corns. It does not get any better than that and the gravey is incredible!

Bottled last week. I couldn't wait and opened a bottle and marinated a roast and slow cooked in a crock pot. It was very good and tender. I can't drink much of this though.

Back