Bottling first wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cove Cottage

Reaction score
Doesn't everyone bottle on the floor??

2005-09-06_081705_forum_copy.jpg

Whata great feeling it was to bottle our first wine!We'll post a picture of the batch once we get the labels and shrink caps on the wine.Up until bottlingwe werewondering if it was ever going to taste like wine. If there is as much difference between the taste from now till December as there was from Aug to September we will have a wine worth sharing....yeah!!!!!

Looks like fun.
smiley1.gif

I have a corker like that one, but red.

smiley32.gif
Way to go Margaret. I can hardly wait to bottle my first. Should be around the first of November.

Congrats on the first batch!!! I see you have the top end toys with the floor corker and auto bottler filler...cool!
smiley32.gif

Looks great. Love the gloves!!!
smiley2.gif
I should use them too. My hands were red for 3 days after I had a blueberry "mishap."

smiley36.gif

Looks great. I've been on the floor many times myself. Like Martina (she doesn't miss a trick) I like the gloves. I too have a floor corker, wouldn't be without one. nice job.

Bill

Hi Margaret,

Congratulations on your first batch!!!! The floors works great!! The first batch will lead to many more!!

Ramona

Congratulations!!!
smiley32.gif

I, too, like the gloves. Great idea.

I am too old to sit on the floor, so I use a chair. However, to be quite honest, I use child labor and they fight over who gets to run the bottle filler. I am the corker. I am looking forward to the day that I am the Supervisor!

BTW, no one seemed to notice the Fine Vine Wines corks in the bowl on the counter.
smiley19.gif

My eyes aren't that good!

Way to go Margaret and John! I remember when I bottled my first wines. I thought I was the King of Wine! I hope you both feel like royalty now.

You canhold a cork alongside a bottle neck and picture an inch below that line. The wine should be at least an inch under the bottom of the cork, but not less than half an inch.

smiley20.gif

Hippie said:
You canhold a cork alongside a bottle neck and picture an inch below that line. The wine should be at least an inch under the bottom of the cork, but not less than half an inch.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. Thanks.

If we weren't hooked before, we are now.
smiley36.gif

We were soexcited that weforgot to check the exact distance between the cork and the wine ... but it looked about right. I'll check tonight when I get home. Thanks for the tip Hippie!

Now about the gloves....Figured they would be easier to sterilize than my hands. Whenever I needed to touch a cork etc. I just dipped my gloved hands into a small pan ofK-Meta. FYI ...John found the disposable gloves at our local CVS.

The auto bottle filler and the floor corker are GREAT Toys!!!! It made everything sooooo easy.

Winemaster,

If chuffed to pieces means happy or proud or ourselves .... you are absolutely correct. I'll have to remember that one!
smiley36.gif
Thanks

Latest posts

Back