Hello from central Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member from Powell, Ohio, just north of Columbus. Just got back into wine making this year after being away from it for about 13 years. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and would be only too happy to share my experiences.

Hi Rocky,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. I see we are getting quite a following from Ohio.

Hi Julie, Thank you for the welcome. Actually, I am a transplanted Pennsylvanian (from the Pittsburgh area) having left the State in 1976. I have made or helped make wine since the late 1940's with my family and later my Father-in-Law. I lived in Rochester, NY for 10 years and made some wine up there from local (Delaware) grapes. I am very happy to be on this site.

YO...Rockin Rocky welcome aboard! Hey what do you have blooming in your gardens right now! The day lilies are just coming in bloom here.

Hi Dan, glad to be here. We can't have day lillies here. The deer consider them a Caesar Salad and eat them all. I have a lot of spirea, hydrangea and Weigela shrubs in bloom, shasta daisies, tea roses, columbine and carnations. Hollyhocks, rose of Sharon and glads have not bloomed as yet. All the plants that I have in the ground are perennial, all in pots are annuals. It has really been hot and dry so daily watering is required. Great to sit out on the patio amid the fine scents and enjoy a glass of vino!

Rocky thats funny as the day lilies are the only thing the deer don't touch here. We do all prennials, specializing in hostas, day lilies, heath and heathers and dwarf conifers amongst other things as you have seen in my pictures. I would love to do Dahlia's like Mike does but the moles get them and also I'm to lazy to pull the tubers out of the ground every fall so they don't freeze.

Back