Need help by making dragon blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkey

Junior
Reaction score
Made it to step 4 SG rose to 1130 from 1102 . Need input first time making wine. Have it in fermenter bucket.

welcome to winemakingtalk.

I don't know what you mean by step 4. What are you making? Please give us your hydrometer readings, is this a kit and if so what kit, if not what are your ingredients and what steps have you taken so far?

And don't panic, it is early enough in the process and I am sure your wine is going to be fine.

Are you sure that your SG reading is correct? I assuming you meant 1.030 to 1.002. If my assumption is correct. In my opinion, I would rack it to a carboy with an airlock on it. You don't want your wine to end the fermentation cycle in a bucket.
If my assumptions are wrong, then I recommend that you verify your readings.

Bet you didn't have all the sugar \stirred up and when the ferment started it mixed it up in the must. Raises the s.g. Had that happen to an apple this weekend, started it at 1.080 Sat. checked this morning and it was up to 1.110. Either I didn't have it mixed up enough, or the fermentation bubbles are raising the hydrometer a bit. Good luck with yours, Arne.

Welcome to the forum!

You've picked a great recipe to start with, congratulations. I've got maybe 8-10 DB batches and DB variation batches under my belt to include both peach and apple not just berries. All have come out great. Good luck with yours.

Mine fell back to normal the next day. Do believe it was just the ferment lifted the hydrometer for a bit. Have had it happen before, but not very often.. Gives you that "what the heck did I do?" feeling. Good luck with yours, Arne.

I plan on trying several different ways with this recipe and fruits. Got 5 gallons elderberry wine going to.

Latest posts

Back