Coming Back in 2016- When should I stabilize adding potassium sorbet to begi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josberrios

Reaction score
Happy New Year 2016!

I have 3 batches of wine.
*Italian juice- Chianti. I started on September. It is in the secondary fermentation now. I haven't stabilize it yet.
** Californian juice- Pinot noir - Began in September the primary. Still in the secondary. I haven't stabilize it yet.
*** Californian Juice- Pinot Grigio - Began in September. Still in the secondary. I haven't stabilize it yet.

Question: When should I stabilize adding potassium sorbet to begin botling?
Or any suggestions?

I would be more concerned about adding potassium metabisulfite (k-meta). Unless you are backsweetening, you won't need potassium sorbate. I think that the time is NOW for adding k-meta. I wouldn't rush bottling, though.

first is your sg reading below 1000. you should rack and add k -meta. once wine is fully clear bottle. there is no need to use sorbate unless you have added sugar or sugar containing additive post fermentation. the kit instruction recommend using sorbate to insure stable wines. the choice is yours. sorbate can be added once you racked the wine.

Latest posts

Back