Schaefer Wine Kegs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermaker

Junior
Reaction score
We found 45 2.95 gallon Schaefer freshKEG RR wine kegs in our brewery warehouse and was wondering if there is any value to them.

They don't work with beer but are still in great condition.

Can anyone help?

Looks like the manufacturer says they work for beer. http://www.schaeferkegs.com/fresh_keg.php

Are you just saying they won't work for your beer needs? Is it just the kegs themselves with none of the hookup equipment?

I read the website and brochure and didn't find anything about what style of coupler it uses. It was pretty vague other than saying it works with one's existing coupling system. It did have an awesome backpack feature that looked like a giant camelback for beer though!

I read on a different site that it uses a Sankey coupler. Definitely different than the standard corny keg setup most homebrewers use.

that is what we also found. they are set up to work best with wine. but we just found a winery to buy them. so i guess they are with selling

We haven't heard back from the buyer so here is the info...

We have 46 2.95 gallon Schaefer freshKEG RR wine kegs PLUS sankey. We are looking to sell all as a group. $500 OBO plus shipping (Sankey included).

Located in Temecula, CA

9d78804b-e67c-4bc2-b53d-c361a19a367c.jpg

Sounds like a good deal if you are close enough or have a use for all of the kegs. Let us know if you decide to break it up. I would be interested in shipping to 45365 on 2-4 of them.

Thank You,
Cody

Latest posts

Back