Mosti Mondiale Apricot Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbenus

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I bottled a peach chardonnay from Orchard Breezin. I did the tricks I've seen here: added sugar and half the F pack up front. Finished it out, added the remaining f pack, racking, etc. Bottled it and it is delicious with a strong peach taste and smell.

So I did the same thing with my MMApricot Riesling.added sugar to SG of 1.083, and half the F pack. A few days ago I finished it all up, added remaining F pack and bottled it. Complete different result. I can barely taste or smell any apricot. It is okay for so young, but no apricot taste. The only thing I can think of is that it's kind of guesswork when you're pouring in half the F pack and maybe I didm't save enough. It's sweet enough for me, but maybe sweeter would bring out the fruit. I'm disappointed after the excellent results with the OB.
Any suggestions? I don't mind tossing a few corks and rebottling, maybe adding some apricot flavor. Or maybetime will bring it out. But I'm not confident in that.

Thats the reason I dont use the f-pack up front as you can lose too much flavor during fermentation. Basically if using this method you really need to have done one per instructions first as some of them vary considerably meaning some are very sweet and loaded with flavor while others are very delicate like this and the Peach Chard where even bumping the abv up too much will hide too much flavor. Im not to fond of the extracts, if you have a health food store you will most likely find some concentrates there that would work much better.

Sorry for your set back
smiley19.gif
however the manufacture designed this kit to achieve a specific end taste ,you can play with the abv. only because the fpac can handle it (flavor wise) but not must else,adding the fpac at the end should be the mainstay of all kits,there are ways around most of what we do and then not on some...........
smiley32.gif
the trick is triall and error...time and exoeriment..sucess and failure..............just my view on the subject
smiley18.gif

I don't care for the extracts either--too fake tasting to me. LorAnn oils makes food-grade oils that I've used in baking and flavoring ice cream (when my husband was on a lowcarb diet) and they work well--very intense so a little goes a long way and are available in just about any flavor you can think of. I've never added any of the fpack up front--I add it to taste after fermentation.

Well I did find some apricot wine flavorings at other dealer sites, none here. For about $5 I can get a bottle to try. At this point it's not really a rush as it's safely bottled. I may experiment a little in the future, which is always fun. And it's not bad as is. I also have some pear wine that might blend well with it. Yes, it's time to play..

always keep those creative juices flowing....that's what make the difference in this craft.............think outside the box when you want to and need to.

Latest posts

Back