What a weekend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score
Saturday morning started out like any other weekend. My wife and I had our granddaughters for the weekend and had taken them out for lunch. By 1 o'clock my wife was complaining that she did not feel good. By 7 O'clock we were in the ER room at our local hospital. After 4 hrs there the ER doc said it was a virus going around, go home and you will be better in 24 hrs. By 2 O'clock Sunday we were back in the ER and this time the right tests were run and we were on our way to Omaha Ne to have her ruptured appendix removed. Surgery went well , we had an excellent doctor, and I can say as of earlier tonight Barb is doing just fine . She will have to stay in the hospital for a couple more days taking IV anti-biotics. WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOB

its always out of the blue isnt it!

hope it all gets better from here

I know the feeling you got and the weekend you had. I went through that with Cindy a few years ago. She was basically ignored at the ER as there were so many flu cases they assumed she was another one. About 6 hours later a doctor came in and declared it was gall stones and she would need emergency surgery (her gall bladder had been removed months before). Tests confirmed it and in about a half hour she was in emergency surgery to remove a stone blocking the main duct in the liver. The doctor said if surgery hadn't been done soon she could have died since the liver was beginning to die already. That wasn't the weekend we had planned either!

Here's wishing her a speedy recovery!

Wow, some stories....
smiley3.gif

Glad things turned out well (all the way around) !

Seems like we all take for granted our good health at times untill something like this happens .

I want to wish everyone good health!!!!

BOB

Just an update, My wife had quite a bit of infection from the ruptured appendix. She has had a couple really rough days and nights, but continues to fight it off. Last night her fever broke and it remained normal all day today. the nurses are going to take her for a walk tonite. I want to thank everyone for their support ( kind of sound like a politician don't I )
smiley36.gif

BOB

I remember when my appendix almost ruptured.... Scary.

Bob, I hope she has a speedy recovery too......

Barb got to come home from the hospital today. We have to keep a close eye out for any return of infection, but as of now all infection is gone. I know this is a winemaking forum, but it's nice to be able to post things that go on in our everyday lives and to have people that you have never met respond in such a positive way.Again........ thank you

BOB

Latest posts

Back