Plum/Raspberry skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added two three pound bags of the triple berries to the primary in my current batch of pee. It is clearing now, and very dark. I have had very good results from adding artificial flavoring (at back-sweetening time) to those batches that are lacking flavor. For example, it seems to take a lot of strawberries to get a good full strawberry taste in the finished pee. So, I added one ounce of strawberry flavoring to my first batch of strawberry pee. It was a favorate at my house. That was my Sweet Strawberry Tart (which is exactly how it tasted). I also made some blueberry skeeter pee this fall and---just for fun---added one ounce of raspberry flavoring to make the taste more comlex. It is delightful, and is my current favorate---Jet Blue Raspberry.

Like I said, I have yet to use a slurry. I started making skeeter pee without slurry (using whole berries instead), and have not seen a reason to change. Using a slurry is more economical though, so if that is an issue, go with the slurry. There is only one thing better than cheap homemade wine---good cheap homemade wine!

Find what works for your taste. Experimenting is encouraged! I'm interested to hear how it turns out. Better yet, take some pics, so we can see! If it's really good, it won't last long. Make more!

Oh, and you are welcome. Thanks for asking!

Last edited:
One more question. How many gallons did you make at one time?

I will be starting this Friday or Saturday and will post photos

Thanks again Dave.

I usually make 5 gallon batches. This last time I made some 5.5-6 gallon batches to allow for loss after racking off the lees. I bumped up the ingredients accordingly for these larger batches---thanks to my wonderful wife for making those calcualtions for me.

Good luck, Sammy! Keeps us posted!

Latest posts

Back