Wine from lemons from Limoncello?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shopkins1994

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Building a wine cellar and need to fill it up. I have made limoncello (lemons, vodka, sugar, let sit around for a few months). I am getting ready to bottle it. Since I have a bunch of lemons now (That no doubt contain some vodka) and would not like to waste them, is it possible to press these and make a lemon wine?

Thanks

Did you use the whole lemon when making lemoncello? I have made it using only the zest. Squeezing the whole lemon, including the pith, could result in an off tast, I would think. See what others have to say. You might want to PM "joeswine" and ask Joe. He is the lemoncello guru.

Did you use the whole lemon when making lemoncello? I have made it using only the zest. Squeezing the whole lemon, including the pith, could result in an off tast, I would think. See what others have to say. You might want to PM "joeswine" and ask Joe. He is the lemoncello guru.

Well I made the limoncello and it turned out great. Now I want to use the lemons that were in it to make lemon wine.

Back