Mosti Mondiale MM Chianti All Juice Bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwatson

Reaction score
I purchased a MM Chianti All Juice Natural today complete with the bucket. Is that bucket big enough for primary fermentation?

It also has a small packet of oak chips to use after the first racking during primary. Since I like oak, is that enough? I don't want to overdo it.

MM Chianti All Juice

I just got this kit also. I did not use the bucket that the kit came in as my primary fermenter on this batch. But it is exactly the same as the one I used so yes it will hold the 6 gallon kit and will be perfect as a primary fermenter.

About the oak- This is the first MM kit I've made. I left it in the primary one week and the SG was already .998. So I fermented to dry in the primary fermenter. I was planning on putting the oak in after I racked to the carboy leaving it on the oak while in the carboy. I was also going to bulk age this about a year. I'll taste after about a month and decide if it is oakey enough or if I'll add more during the bulk aging.

Good luck with your kit. I love Chianti and am trying all of the available Chianti kits until I find the one I like the best!
Laura:D

I dont think the bucket is the same!!! Most fermenting buckets are 7.8 gallons and last I know thew Mosti buckets are like 6.5 gallons which can be a big mess!

Thanks...I'm starting mine tomorrow. My primary is now available. Does anyone know what kind of oak chips is enclosed?

...It also has a small packet of oak chips to use after the first racking during primary. Since I like oak, is that enough? I don't want to overdo it.

I'm not familiar with this kit/instructions but if first racking means to a carboy for completion of fermentation and oakchips or sawdust are added, it could be messy as the oak can clog the carboy neck and wine might blow through the airlock. Make sure you have lots of airspace. If first racking is to another bucket you are fine.

Instructions say to add oak chips at first racking to carboy. I plan on using my italian 6 gal carboy. I always have lots of headspace with those.

I purchased a MM Chianti All Juice Natural today complete with the bucket. Is that bucket big enough for primary fermentation?

It also has a small packet of oak chips to use after the first racking during primary. Since I like oak, is that enough? I don't want to overdo it.

That came with 90g of oak chips I'm assuming, you can double that an put 180g in.

Also you can put the oak chips in during secondary and leave them for a week or more, which is what I did with my last 2 MM kits. After a week they won't give up much more flavor though (this was analyzed with a mass spectrometor).

Typically oak chips will give an "oak chips" taste, if you like oak that's a good thing.

Does anyone know the type of oak is included in the kit? Couldn't find it on the web site. Right now my kit has been racked to the carboy on the oak chips.

No skins are included. I have read other posts of some adding 1 lb of organic ref flame raisins to the nero d'avola for added body. I don't know if any have done this with the chianti.

Back