Cellar Craft Passport 2016 Sauvignon Blanc/Muscat - California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered one of this and received it?
I ordered one and no shipment yet. Will call FVW and see when they will start shipping.

Has anyone ordered one of this and received it?
I ordered one and no shipment yet. Will call FVW and see when they will start shipping.

If my memory is correct, the LR's often seem to come in toward the end of the month of release. I'm anxiously awaiting the Carrusel (chard/viognier) from RJS, which is also due out this month.

I only ordered one kit from the Passport series , the Cabarnet Franc + Cabarnet Sauvignon .
You might also like the RJS CC Winery Series Winemaker's Trio . It is a blend of Pinot Grigio , Sauvignon Blanc and Muscat . :b

Mine shipped out on Wed from FVW and is already out for deliver this AM. 2 day delivery from DFW. Thanks be to the Snowmageddon on the east coast nothing is headed that way more than likely.

I will be using BA11 on this.

yup, mine for sure will be delayed, scheduled for tomorrow but I know that won;t happen...:(

BA11? I thought you were only a D47 for all your whites...

I ordered a D47 but think I have a BA11 in stock....have you tried both in this varietal blend?

No I am the BA11 guy, never used D47. I have used BA11 8 times now and it just works. Great flavor profile, nice mouthfeel, no extra nutrient required, ferments at low temps, and always finishes out to dry, dry, dry. :db

yup, mine for sure will be delayed, scheduled for tomorrow but I know that won;t happen...:(

BA11? I thought you were only a D47 for all your whites...

I ordered a D47 but think I have a BA11 in stock....have you tried both in this varietal blend?

Well that was quick!

On the doorstep at 9:30AM. Thanks FedEx!

In case anyone is wondering, it comes with (boring) EC1118 and double packs of clearing agents. I have never added or needed more than one pack of each fining agent.

IMG_0918.jpg

Mine was last seen in TN according to FEX, right on the route to CT and in the middle of the monster storm.
I won't see mine for sure tomorrow...oh well....

It is nice that these CC passports (white) bring 18L of juice indeed....:db

Yea, I have been adding 1/2 to primary and saving the other for back sweetening. Too sweet for me if you add the whole thing.

I am now really wondering how dry this will end up...
I'd like to add some of the f-pack up front but only if the ending SG after adding the f-pack would be in the low 1.000, something like ~1.004.

It does look to be a smaller than the others f-pack so you will probably like it made as directed.

holy cow, started this kit yesterday morning with BA11 (thanks Mike..!!) and the SG reading is higher today.
Right now it is at ~1.108

I find this SG a bit high for a white wine kit, at least compared to the ones I've made before...

Yea, somethings not right there. You either didn't add enough water or you are reading your hygrometer wrong or your listening to a certain someone on this forum that likes 14% ABV white wines!

Latest posts

Back