Hi, all from the land of state owner liquor stores!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkoffke

Reaction score
If hadn't guest - Pennsylvania (Billy Penn ' s Woods).

I've been home wine making off and on since the early 70 ' s. Never anything consistent.

It may be genetic my Grandfather Max made wine. Tasted some my uncle had of his that was 10 to 15 years old. He had used whiskey keg for aging.

I have his rice wine recipe, Not Sake, it finishes like a sweat sherry. But it takes a good year to age to a smooth finish.

Welcome to the forum!

So where from in PA?

Wife and I moved this past July from Southbury,CT to Wellsboro PA. Have family and friends in the area which is making the transition a whole lot easier than it would have been otherwise. Found a little health food store in town which carries a small amount of beer and wine making kits, equipment and ingredients. Was able to order two higher end WE kits from them, some SuperClear and some K-Meta which they didn't have in stock.

Hopefully the PA liquor laws will change soon. Its always up for vote in Harrisburg. Locally, I just sat in a township meeting where a neighbor of mine was trying to get approval to open a distillery, and the lawyer for the township keep referring to it as a 'moonshine' factory. Small towns, Small minds. Needless to say.... his request was denied.
Welcome to the forum... lots of information and opinions here.

Welcome to the forum!

So where from in PA?

Wife and I moved this past July from Southbury,CT to Wellsboro PA. Have family and friends in the area which is making the transition a whole lot easier than it would have been otherwise. Found a little health food store in town which carries a small amount of beer and wine making kits, equipment and ingredients. Was able to order two higher end WE kits from them, some SuperClear and some K-Meta which they didn't have in stock.

I've got to say that you picked one of the prettiest towns in Pennsylvania to relocate to. I love visiting there each fall. Such gorgeous scenery!

I'm in Tommy Lasorda's (check the spl, I'm not Italian). NORRISTOWN

Here we have accross the Ben and the Walt(NJ) or south of the border (Del).

Latest posts

Back