Hello From Central Kansas!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenfox25

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Steven Fox, currently I am a college student studying in the field of computer science. My father has introduced my to wine/mead making and directed me to join the wine making community. I am new to making wine as i have only made a few batches from kits. Kits make wonderful beginning basic understanding wines but i am to the point where i would love to try my hand at recipes from scratch. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Thanks!

Steven

Welcome Steven!
I must say that I wish I had started making wine in college, could've replaced the keg parties with carboy parties!!
I've only recently joined the forum, these folks can help you through any situation you encounter, an incredible resource.

Welcome aboard. Are you from Hutchinson KS by chance?

Near Hutch about 2 and a half hours north west on I-70 in a town called Hays. The Oasis of the plains, barely enough water in the town to make mead :)

(only kidding of course)

Welcome to the forum. You are picking a good time to start out. The elderberries here are just ripening, you should be able to find some down there to ferment. They are harder to spot now when they are turning ripe, but you should still be able to find some. Good luck with your journey. Arne.

Latest posts

Back