Hello from Clemson, SC!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewjangle

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All! I am hailing out of the Southland and am new to wine making. Growing up, a friends dad made fruit wines constantly, but I never had much interest. However, the recent boom in Micro breweries as well as the many local wineries that have been popping up peaked my interests. I really enjoy the different flavors and styles of both beer and wine, but once I began reading up on the Art of home brewing and learned that you can incorporate just about any fruit, flavor or wild twist you want to create unique flavors and textures I just had to try it for myself.
About a month ago for my birthday my wife purchased a wine making kit and a Riesling kit for me to try. Due to being over-anxious and not taking my time, Im not sure its turning out as good as it could be, but its coming along. Im pretty excited to be bottling tomorrow (unless I have to sweeten it)! However, I couldn't wait to get another wine going so just this week I started a Merlot. Hopefully, I will have nothing but great stories, insight, and tips to share with the forum going forward!
Cheers!

You're in for a treat - both in terms of the activity of making wine and the enjoyment of drinking your own handiwork. Welcome!

Back