Hello from Appleton

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXfanatic

Reaction score
I have been lurking for a bit now. Heres a little info:

First of all:

THANK YOU to all of you that take the time to post your knowledge for us newbies to learn from.

In October my wife and I acquired a house that has a Concord grape vine in the back yard.

Humm....

Lets make wine!

We stared off with one primary and one glass carboy. We have 2 more primary's and 6 more glass carboys. (free - bees)

We are very new to this fun passtime especially the very end of the batches! Our first batch was 6 gallons using the harvested grapes. Only one bottle left.

We have made
Grape Bottled and almost gone
Cherry Bottled
Strawberry Bottled
Pineapple Clearing
Cranberry Clearing

All of them were 6 or more gallon batches. From here I learned to start with a bit more than your carboy can handle for topping...

Thanks again

TX fanatic

Last edited:
WOW TX you and your wife are kicking butt! Welcome to this forum and the new obsession! Ask question, share your stories and look in our recipe section for new ideas. Glad to have you here.

TX, welcome to the forum. Is that Appleton, WI (home of former Steeler Rocky Bleier) or some other place that no one in Pittsburgh cares about? :)

Yes it is Appleton WI

Nice city. I was there many years ago (probably in the 1980's) and saw where Bleier's Bar was. Don't know if it is still there or not but Rocky is one of my heroes. I have a football signed by him in my den.

I don't know how many are familiar with his story but he was drafted by the Steelers late out of Notre Dame. Although small and slow, he impressed the coaches with his tenacity and drive. His NFL career was interrupted by the war and while serving in Viet Nam he was severely wounded, losing part of his foot to a grenade. The doctors told him he was through playing football and may have difficulty walking again. He not only went back to the NFL and played, but increase his speed in the 40 yard dash and gained over 1000 yards one season. A truly remarkable athlete and person. A great read for those who are interested is his book, Fighting Back. Love ya #20!

Welcome TXfanatic. Glad to see another Wisconsinite.
My label is going to say "From the Land of the Cheeseheads" :)

Latest posts

Back