Greetings from Houston Tx!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uburoi

Junior
Reaction score
Hello good and kindly folk. I am obviously new to this board and am highly interested in learning how to make the elixir of the gods...or wine as you may have it.:D Anyway, I am an avid berry picker here on the southeast side of Houston and I always pick the hell out of the low bush wild Dew berries and then move on to the high bush wild black berries in early June. The copious amounts of rain combined with a very mild winter, have brought the Dewberries here earlier than normal. (I picked ten quarts this weekend) I usually make alot of bbq sauce with the berries but I really want to make wine this year since the berries are so plentiful. The problem is...I have no freaking idea of what the hell I am doing!:d I am a teacher and am wanting to purchase the bare essential in equipment and wine additives. I am wondering where to post these questions as well as others in my quest to produce several gallons of dewberry wine and later, blackberry wine. I look forward to reading and learning here!:ea

Last edited:
Hi Uburoi,

Welcome to WineMakingTalk. Check out our tutorials, you should be able to get a good idea on making wine from there and check out our vendors, they sell starer kits to get you going.

And understand once you start it will become an obsession :)

You know I used to live in southeast Houston over next to the old airfield. I dont remember the name of it now. One of my old roommates is a teacher down there. But I think she teaches in Pasadena. Dobbie HS.

Anyways winemaking and brewing beer is a great hobby.

Bob

You know I used to live in southeast Houston over next to the old airfield. I dont remember the name of it now. One of my old roommates is a teacher down there. But I think she teaches in Pasadena. Dobbie HS.

Anyways winemaking and brewing beer is a great hobby.

Bob

Ellington Field and I know it well! Thanks Bob! :)

I am a teacher and am wanting to purchase the bare essential in equipment and wine additives.
Welcome, I am in Beaumont. You have a decent Wine making and brew shop in Houston at South Loop and Stella Link, DaFalcos, only thing is they are far more knowledgeable and focused on brewing rather than wine making. They do carry a large selection of Wine Expert kits and all supplies and chemicals that you need. For more how-to help and much larger brand selection try Fine Vine Wines in Dallas. http://www.finevinewines.com/

Yep thats it. I used to live right at the entrance to it. Behind what used to be Bucks. Think the name has changed now.

Latest posts

Back