SCORE!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dojack

Junior
Reaction score
Everybody you need to try freecycle.com they are on yahoo groups. I put an ad for wine bottles and a couple hours later someone emailed me and said he had 10 cases or a little more. My husband went to pick them up and came home with 24 cases of new bottles, been sitting in his basement. Wouldn't take anything for them, he was glad to get rid of them. Freecycle, you are not allowed to charge, everything is free. Hope you have the same luck!

Thanks, Donna. It's funny - I've been on my local freecycle for years and never thought of asking for wine bottles. Doh!
smiley24.gif
smiley36.gif

Very nice! You made out well. Now only if someone was giving away that Italian Floor Corker I've been eyeing up
smiley36.gif

Excellent score!

Someone else posted that wineries (with tasting rooms) would either give their empties away or sell them for like $2.00 a case. We have quite a few near us so I may be giving a couple of them a call.

My Local Winery tasting room gives them away for free. When I started asking for them I was getting 5 to 6 cases every time I stopped by. Now they have some Craft People coming by and getting the empties for candle holders. What a waste of a good bottle!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back