WineXpert Any benefit from aging kit wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
I am starting to open some of my 2 year old kit wines and all I have to say is "WOW". It is absolutely remarkable what excellent wine I have. Those big Italian Redshave softened, the Body of the Cabs has arrived and the delicacy of the Pinot Noir has developed. I always new I could make a "good" wine with a kit, but my wines are really awesome. I want to really encourage letting your wines, even kits, to age. It is worth the wait!

That is interesting George. There seems to be such a wide range of opinion on how long to age a kit wine. I hope I someday build enough inventory to age some that long to find out!
smiley36.gif

That is good news George. I think I will go get a bottle of Bergamais from the closet now and put in the fridge. It was bottled 3-33-04 and the last bottle I drank a couple months ago was getting alot better.

smiley20.gif

The Bergamais is one of my favorites of the kit wines. They seem to have a lot of complexity and change while drinking. Enjoy!

Good for you George for waiting that long. I am sorry to say that
I can not hold out for 2 years. My wines go quicker than that.

Cheers.

Vinmaker.

Latest posts

Back