What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, not the outcome I had hoped for but hard to beat a future hall of famer when he has a game that is basically a highlight reel. Good game at least. The NFC championship game this week should be a doozie!

Agreed on all counts. The Packers (who are only my 2nd fave team) have been SOOO damn lucky having Favre then Rodgers. 24 years and counting of outstanding QBing with minimal injuries. I'd rather be lucky than good! :D

Made the kids watch the inauguration. Regardless of how one may feel about the incoming administration, I thought they should see what a peaceful transfer of power looks like and understand that even though some people (or their candidate of choice) didn't win, we should all stand together and move on. Now if only I could get them to behave in the same manner when they don't get their way. :)

Had planned on a 1/2 day at work, but the State of PA had other plans. Went to BJ's to get new tires on my Corolla before inspection, signed up for a year ($25 special) and watched a bunch of the pre-inaugural hoop-la. Fun listening to the commentators from the different networks, quite polarized in my opinion, but all were respectful. Went back to work to do 90 scans of forms for a weekly publication we do, grumbled the whole time (like @Mismost , I'm becoming a grumpy old man (my wife says I've achieved that status already)). So since I couldn't take a 1/2 day, and saved so much on tires, went to the LHBS and got supplies for another batch of beer and some yeast for a Chardonnay kit I ordered to make for my Mom's, I think, 83rd birthday at the end of June (I know, cutting it close, but it's a white), and another 5 gallon glass carboy for my newly rediscovered beer making obsession. Supposed to be in the mid 50s around here, so it will be a nice day to make up a batch of beer. Plus it's the last Saturday my wife has to work at her old job, so I've got to stick around to make lunches, etc.

I just need some charcoal and a chicken for the Weber bullet...

Last edited:
ceeaton....sounds way to productive a day! You better be pouring that Chard in the bucket right now or you will be showing Mom a picture of a bottle in March!!

Corolla...the mere mention brought back a flood of maroon colored memories. I put almost 200K on one, passed it off to the kid for a college car. She drove it through two degrees and her first child. At over 300K she called and asked if I wanted "Cora" back! She sold it to a lady at church who is still driving the car. I know, it sounds like I love this car. I didn't! I just caught a deal on it and drove the snot out of it. Awesome little car, gotta give it a high five!

ceeaton....sounds way to productive a day! You better be pouring that Chard in the bucket right now or you will be showing Mom a picture of a bottle in March!!

Corolla...the mere mention brought back a flood of maroon colored memories. I put almost 200K on one, passed it off to the kid for a college car. She drove it through two degrees and her first child. At over 300K she called and asked if I wanted "Cora" back! She sold it to a lady at church who is still driving the car. I know, it sounds like I love this car. I didn't! I just caught a deal on it and drove the snot out of it. Awesome little car, gotta give it a high five!

Her birthday is the last day of June, so I have time. Plus she still has a few bottles of the Eclipse DC Chard that I gave her last year, so I can give her a bottle on her b-day and promise her the rest once she drinks the DCC. She's getting older and slowing down a bit, a bottle might last two nights at this point.

The best way to save money is to buy a used car and drive the snot out of it. I did it to a '98 Subaru Forester and got 328K on it, that car I still miss, though the gas mileage on a Corolla is much better.

Bottling day for the double batch of WE IM Pineapple Pear Pinot Grigio. Ran both through the Superjet with polishing pads, they're sparkling clear. Got my part time deer hunter / part time wine assistant working on sanitizing bottles, corks are in the corkidor, now if only my 18 y.o. daughter / corker would wake up, we could get this show on the road!!

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Finished labeling the last of the 2015's. Also remembered I had a half gallon growler of 2016 Petite Sirah that wasn't near full after last weekend's activity. I racked that into smaller bottles and had about a glass leftover. Enjoying that now before Mrs. Boatboy and I head out to dinner. So enjoyable already. I can't imagine what this will be like in another year. Its a little 'bright', but otherwise, perfect. Inky dark with blackberry, dark cherry and leather, along with tannins that are 'Strong like bull!', as I like to say.

Here are the 2015's:

IMG_4941.jpg

Got this little guy out of the cure and ready for the smoker this afternoon:

Nice slab!!! I was gonna do a big hunk of meat today, but we really didn't eat well at all yesterday, so I opted for these little guys. Will put them on the Primo at 275 F til they hit 165, Sweet Baby Rays on one for the boys, the other three will get an olive oil rub down and a little Tony Chachere's. Some light hickory smoke chunks for a little smoky flavor, and some grilled veggies on the side.

image.jpg

Nice slab!!! I was gonna do a big hunk of meat today, but we really didn't eat well at all yesterday, so I opted for these little guys. Will put them on the Primo at 275 F til they hit 165, Sweet Baby Rays on one for the boys, the other three will get an olive oil rub down and a little Tony Chachere's. Some light hickory smoke chunks for a little smoky flavor, and some grilled veggies on the side.

I'm doing one 8lb Franken-bird in the oven while the smoker works on the bacon.

Got about 15 F til the Cornish hens are ready to rumble, steamed green beans and Parmesan / olive oil linguini getting close to the goal line inside.....

So the second one and the fourth one from the left, must be battery operated.:)

Really looks good, makin me hungry.

Watched the Patriots out play, out coach pretty much out everything my Steelers. Oh well, pitchers and catchers report in 21 days. Spring is coming...

Today I racked a Cab.Sauv,Bergamais, and a Shiraz.Watched the Canucks lose again and then watched the movie - Suicide Squad.
It started out so well....

Latest posts

Back