Refurbishing a Wine Barrel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this and for Sour_Grapes for correcting the link. Very informative. I'm a few years away from needing to try this but it's good to see the step by step process. Thanks for taking the effort to put this together and sharing it.

Really great Phil. I don't think I'll take it on, but nice to know how it is done.

Phil. Awesome! I just posted a video of me doing my barrel with a belt sander and then I saw your post.
Very impressive. I would be great to take the still shots and make a video from it to put on YouTube. There are very few tutorials for home wine makers on barrel refurbishment.
Nice work

Phil. Awesome! I just posted a video of me doing my barrel with a belt sander and then I saw your post.
Very impressive. I would be great to take the still shots and make a video from it to put on YouTube. There are very few tutorials for home wine makers on barrel refurbishment.
Nice work

Interesting idea. Maybe I can find the time to do this in the next couple weeks.
Where is your vid?

Phil What was the mixture you used to put the head back in place ? I am at that stage now that is where I had the leak from.

Robert

I use an equal mix of flour and water. It should be a pretty thick dough, not to wet. I put it in with a small putty knife and then clean up the excess.

Latest posts

Back