Score!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the bottles be used for wine? What size are they?

I love my swing top beer bottles. I keep a couple of dozen extra rubber washers on hand....when a washers even looks funky, I just replace it. I know some of my bottles are over 20 years old...I haven't been using them that long, but I know where they came from.

bkisel....yes, I have used them for wine a couple of times...never for long term storage though.

I just think the swing tops have a cool factor! YOURS look to be real European...too cool....free...priceless (sorry...it was just laying there!)

Can the bottles be used for wine? What size are they?

Yes, but they are more commonly used for beer. AFAIK 16-24 oz. is a typical size. I have not taken delivery of these yet, so I do not know what size they are.

I love my swing top beer bottles. I keep a couple of dozen extra rubber washers on hand....when a washers even looks funky, I just replace it. I know some of my bottles are over 20 years old...I haven't been using them that long, but I know where they came from.

bkisel....yes, I have used them for wine a couple of times...never for long term storage though.

I just think the swing tops have a cool factor! YOURS look to be real European...too cool....free...priceless (sorry...it was just laying there!)

Yeah, I keep gaskets on hand, they are cheap. I have 20 fluted clear bottles from way back in the 70s and guy gave me, and they look it too. Very cool. Very thick glass, too.

I have both brown and clear glass ones that are 1 liter. Since I mostly make white wines I use mine a lot. White wine doesn't need to age anywhere near as long as reds, so often when I do bottle the wine is ready to drink now. I'll mostly do corked bottles but save a couple swing tops. I just find it's easier to use those than to cork bottles over and over. Especially on picnics etc.

Pam in cinti

Latest posts

Back